H-Vent – Vented Chest Dressing
Hydrogel chest dressing designed to work to relieve pressure from an open chest wound.
Midmed introduces the newest product in its line of hydrogel chest dressings, the H-Vent Vented Chest Dressing. Like our world-class Bolin Chest Seal, the H-Vent has been designed to work to relieve pressure from an open chest wound due to air in the chest (pneumothorax) or bodily fluid (hemothorax).
The H-Vent Vented Chest Dressing is sold in a single pack and a twin-pack with two individually sealed chest seals connected together for easy access and use with a 5 year shelf life.
- A unique multi-directional vented dressing. This allows the fluids to ‘drain towards gravity’ and is important because that means casualty can be transported on their side.
- The design helps prevent occlusion. This provides a backup fail-safe system since there are 6 ports. Even if 5 become obstructed, the vent will remain fully operational.
- The unique dome membrane design creates a complete seal around the wound area, ensuring a complete seal around the wound and reducing the risk of air or fluid finding alternate paths.
- Large vent openings on the H-Vent allows for visual monitoring of the wound. The dome design gives quick indication of air or fluid leaving the chest (billows up) or when the seal is in place (sucks down).
- Proven in internal testing to retain a seal during inhalation and to maintain a sustainable negative pressure (below ambient pressure) within the pleural space.
- Lowest profile of any vented chest seal and easy to fold.
Subscribe to our Newsletter